Molly Block In. 14x11, oil on linen. 2015
This morning I did the block-in for the portrait of Molly. I used a mixture of terra rosa and raw umber applied thinly on an un-toned panel.
I will let this dry and then tone the panel before starting the final layers of the painting. I don't usually work in this back-to-front manner, but this morning I realized that the panel on which I intended to work was not toned. Since I prefer to work on a dry ground I decided to work out of order and do the block in first. I don't think it will make any difference to the finished work.
I've recently done away with the comments section. If you have questions or comments, please contact me directly. Links from other blogs are always welcome.